If you read Prose and Ivy regularly, then you know that I also have a podcast at BlogTalkRadio.com that compliments what you read here on-line. I’m due to record another Prose and Ivy podcast so I will set that up soon. However, as a member of the Baseball Bloggers Alliance, I also co-host a podcast occasionally for the BBA. Tonight, I was supposed to co-host the podcast with the gentleman “Web”, from the San Diego Padres blog “WebSoulSurfer”. Well, Mr. Web never showed up. So I had to host the hour all by myself. Have you ever talked about baseball to no one but yourself for an entire hour? I hadn’t either. However, now I can say I have.
Hopefully all is well with Websoulsurfer…even though once again the Cubs side of things were let down by the Padres (like 1984 all over again). I tweeted about the show and asked fans what they’d like for me to say to the Padres fan. One gentleman said “Ask him if we can have Andy Masur back” (funny). Another guy said tell him, “See you in the playoffs”. I don’t know if that’s going to happen, but it may have to considering so far in the podcast arena, the Padres are a no-show. Check out what happens when one is left to his own devices for an entire hour talking to no one but himself by clicking here
. Enjoy. Go Cubs Go!
- Carlos Silva with the best start a Cubs pitcher has had since the beginning of time.
- The Braves are one of the hottest teams in baseball.
- The Mets are 22-9 at home.
- Galarraga came one out away from a perfect game and still recorded what would’ve been 28 outs in a perfect world.
- It would’ve been the third perfect game thrown this season.
- The Baltimore Orioles were the first team to fire their manager this season.
- Carlos Silva is 8-0!
- Zambrano starts a record of consecutive Cubs Opening Days, moved to pen, then back to rotation all BEFORE June.
- Schilling has hardly said anything controversial this season.
- Griffey Jr. retires during the season instead of waiting until the off-season.
- Jimenez of the Rockies leads the majors in wins (11) and ERA (0.93)
- Robinson Cano is hitting .363
- The Rays own the best winning percentage in the majors at .649
- The Reds holding strong in the NL Central at 33-25, .5 games behind the Cards and 6.5 games up on the third place Cubs.
- The PIRATES are 12-6 in one-run games. The PIRATES.
- Dontrelle Willis is a D’back. How is he not the Tigers’ own long time dominator he was supposed to be?
- I actually watched about 10 minutes worth of the MLB draft. I guess that’s something.
- Ted Lilly is 1-5. Leading the club at 8-0? Flipping CARLOS SILVA!!!
- The Blackhawks are in the Stanley Cup finals. WHAT?!?
- Seriously. That Carlos. Unreal.
This season has been full of surprises. Some more unfortunate than others. Most unfortunate: Griffey. Next: Lilly. Least unfortunate: Silva leading the club in wins and being the man. Someone tell the Reds that’ll be enough out of them please. I mean, really. Go Cubs Go! Let’s start surprising some folks and move our way on up the NL Central standings!